Be Our Guest

Welcome to "Music is My Life (and some other stuff too). Each title is from a song, and there will be a minimum of 1 post every week. This is an experiment for sharing my thoughts and ideas on the world through a (hopefully) interesting perspective. Some things that will pop-up frequently in my writing:
-Disney
-Harry Potter
-The Beatles
-Lord of the Rings
-College
-Books
-Film
-Doctor Who
-Plays
...and so much more.

Hello, goodbye!

C-Rope

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Well, today I leave the country for 4 months.

It's kind of funny, actually. This semester abroad is something I've wanted to do since I was 17, and now it's finally here, so part of me is so excited that it barely let me sleep at all the past two days. The other part wants to throw up from nerves.

I know I really should be fine on this trip. The plane leaves tonight and gets there tomorrow morning. My family threw me a really lovely dinner and going away party (Mum wanted to call it my 'Last Supper', but I vehemently objected, settling instead for 'A Long Expected Party'). I couldn't be more thrilled with what I got, including a rather angry looking 'Angry Birds' sleep mask, a travel alarm with an alarm tone that gets louder (thank you Dad!), a pair of handmade Dobby Socks, and a travel altar.

I still say I have the best family in the world.

I was talking last week about my anxieties to Mum, and she said I ought to think about Rose Tyler and do a comparison for my blog. I thought it was a fantastic idea... and then didn't write anything. I couldn't come up with just the right song, so I figured "What the Hell" and put it in with this entry.

Rose does think twice about travelling with the Doctor, but when she finally decides to follow him, she has nothing packed, no money but what's in her wallet and only the clothes on her back. She had serious guts to follow and not look back. I kind of want to emulate her in this respect because I can't seem to shake my anxiety no matter how hard I try.

I know it will all go away in good time, and soon I'll laugh at how nervous I was/am, but I'm about to say goodbye for 4 entire months; I've never been away from home or from my family for that long. Maybe it's a good thing, an experience to push me out the door and help me to grow up... or perhaps it's just me getting in my own way,.

I'm going to England. I'm going for 4 months. I'm turning 21 in 25 days (and YES I know I can drink over there already, don't say it), and I'm going to grow up.

"Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again."

1 comment:

  1. Bon voyage! ta ta! It will be great. Love you Caitlyn!

    ReplyDelete